Thursday 5 September 2013

My DREAMS, on the way to REALITY...

"I was in the spotlight and the management of my company put forth a party, in completion of implementation of Quality Management System(QMS). The project was led by me. The Top level management(MD), invited me to narrate the success story and to put forth, the upcoming plans of the project. Just as I walked to the spotlight, my steps became heavy. I tried to re-collect the difficulties faced in completing the project before due date.

I was at the center stage. Spotlight was on me. The eyes of everyone sitting in the auditorium patiently waited to see the success story, and their ears eagerly waiting to listen what I speak. I didn't knew how to start and what to speak. I was completely numb. 

I closed my eye and remembered the words of my trainer, conversing with the General Manager during the initial days of my training, "I see a lot of spark in Bireswar's eyes, but he is being under-utilized." I opened my eyes, took a long deep breath.
I started,"Good Evening!!! ......................................................................................................."

All of a sudden I heard a very high tone ringing in my ears. 

ALAS!!!! It was just a dream. My hands automatically went to stop the alarm in my mobile phone.
Oh!!! I wondered. I have my auditing test today. I assured myself that the dream I saw was still far away (A popular phrase in Hindi to explain it : Delhi abhi door hai).
On its Context, my mind dragged me to a superstitious belief that a dream seen at early morning is more liable to be converted to reality. 

I went to office like any usual day. It was the day when the QMS internal auditing body were to be declared. To get a name in the body requires a bit of homework to do.I remembered my efforts last night (I realized that even I didn't knew when I felt asleep during my preparations). With a lot of confidence I entered the training hall. The day processed with training and finally, it was result time. 
I not only got a name into the auditors list, but was also chosen a Team leader.

Was it the early morning dream that put forth a way to what I saw in it? Or was it the result of my sincere efforts in order to learn something new? I'm still to find out the answer, but this incident really set  a way to get to the LIMELIGHT I dream't of.

No comments:

Post a Comment